HighGold Mining is a mineral exploration company focused on high-grade gold projects located in North America. HighGold’s flagship asset is the high-grade Johnson Tract Au-Zn (Cu) project located in accessible Southcentral Alaska, USA. The Company also controls a portfolio of quality gold projects in the greater Timmins gold camp, Ontario, Canada that includes the Munro-Croesus Gold property, which is renowned for its high-grade mineralization, and the large Golden Mile and Golden Perimeter properties. HighGold’s experienced Board and senior management team are committed to creating shareholder value through the discovery process, careful allocation of capital, and environmentally/socially responsible mineral exploration.
HighGold is hiring for the 2021 field program and seek capable and dynamic individuals to join our team. We offer competitive remuneration and a challenging and rewarding opportunity to grow your skills, broaden your experience, and work with an established team of industry professionals.
Under supervision of the Project Manager, support exploration activities to help ensure efficient and effective drill target testing and development of regional mineral prospects.
Term: Approximately 3 weeks on, 1 week off, from Early June to end of October 2021
- Core logging, geological interpretation, and data plotting
- Geotechnical work with drill core
- Geological reporting of exploration results
- Field work including geologic sampling, mapping, and prospecting
- Digital entry and management of drill, sample, and field data
- Additional duties may include assistance with various field surveys, data collection, and general camp and field program support
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or equivalent required. Focus on ore deposits preferred
- Zero to three years of professional experience as a geologist
- Have a proactive, safety-driven mindset and follow accepted safety best practices and OSHA standards
- Proficient with common computer skills including preparation of documents and presentations, spreadsheet use, database data entry, and email use
- Skill using or ability to learn industry-standard software packages (e.g., GeoSpark, Access)
- Appropriate knowledge of the principles and practices of geology
- Effective communication and organization skills
- Ability to work in adverse weather and terrain
- Valid first aid certificate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds, possess manual dexterity, work on elevated platforms, speak and hear above ambient noise, and see. Helicopter-based work is also important
- Must possess a current valid driver license and an acceptable driving record
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit your C.V. and cover letter to moc.gninimdloghgih@sreerac