HighGold Mining is a mineral exploration company focused on high-grade gold projects located in North America. HighGold’s flagship asset is the high-grade Johnson Tract Au-Zn (Cu) project located in accessible Southcentral Alaska, USA. The Company also controls a portfolio of quality gold projects in the greater Timmins gold camp, Ontario, Canada that includes the Munro-Croesus Gold property, which is renowned for its high-grade mineralization, and the large Golden Mile and Golden Perimeter properties. HighGold’s experienced Board and senior management team are committed to creating shareholder value through the discovery process, careful allocation of capital, and environmentally/socially responsible mineral exploration.
HighGold is hiring for the 2021 field program and seek capable and dynamic individuals to join our team. We offer competitive remuneration and a challenging and rewarding opportunity to grow your skills, broaden your experience, and work with an established team of industry professionals.
Under supervision of Core Loggers and Senior Geologists, support the exploration program by efficiently and effectively collecting drill core data and assisting with other geological activities in the field
Term: Approximately 3 weeks on, 1 week off, from Early June to end of October 2021
- Geotechnical work with drill core, including measuring and photographing drill core, measuring and recording fracture density and type, specific gravity determinations, and data entry
- Handling of drill core and samples, and assist marking core for sampling
- Field program support, including assistance with preparation of drill platform sites, waterline maintenance, and assistance with various types of field surveys (environmental and geotechnical)
- Assistance with various environmental and geotechnical baseline programs
- General labor and camp support
- No geotechnical experience required
- Ability to lift and carry 35-50 Lbs.
- Have a proactive, safety-driven mindset and follow accepted safety best practices and OSHA standards
- Experience with manual labor and data entry
- Experience in remote exploration camps and interest in geology or mine engineering
- Enrollment in or recent graduate of a bachelor’s degree in Earth Science considered an asset but not required
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit your C.V. and cover letter to moc.gninimdloghgih@sreerac